March 7, 2007

The update

... So here is my life as of right now:

I am temping again but, atleast it gives me the chance to work on my resume, which I will do today. I think as soon as I get it all shaped up I am going to hit backstagejobs.com. Hard. I think I will apply for fucking every job they have in or train-ride-away-ible from Chicago. I can't take it anymore.

In other news: I went out on a date with that Drew boy I was telling you all about, and we had a great time but, we aren't going to see each other romantically. It's cool because it was totally mutual. Still an awesome guy to hang out with, which we did on Monday...

I am getting a crew together to see 300. It's like $20 in the Imax..... We gotta do it!

Also been hanging out with this kid Emin, and he is awesome. Awesome. I went over there the other day and some of his other friends came over. Apparently, I made it into the club...... we shall see...

Other than that.... It snowed again and, man, oh man, are people angry about it. Everyone I know says atleast once a day, "Oh, I can't wait for Spring". It is yucky and slushy outside, so I feel the same way but, we gotta find some better hallway-chit-chat. What with everyone in love with Obama, Lovie getting a new contract, Daley winning, and the possible Olympics.... you would think we would have more Chicago-based-info conversations....but everyone just wants it to warm up....



Movies:

Jesus Camp: ***1/2
I have a hard time staring documentaries. I love learning about anything, and so I will watch pretty much any documentary out there. Let's say this, too, I am now absolutely positive that I am an athiest. Don't get derailed, kids, my statement of belief is in no way a cause of watching this movie. I realized whilst it was playing that at other points in my life, ANY talk of Jesus would have made me feel like I 'needed to get right with God'. Seriously...Any stray thought of Jesus would have made me go into my room and think about the kind of Christian I had been and the kind I wanted to be... but not this time. I felt no tiny tugs on my heart-strings. I heard no voice of God in my ear. I know this isn't a very reviewy thing to say but, I said all that to say this: Because I have no belief in the christian God that this movie follows, I feel I was able to watch it very openly. It was appaling what these people are indoctrinating into their children but, it's the will of the parents, and there is nothing we can do about it. No doubt, these kids really believe in what they are doing.... some of them anyway... The most interesting part of the doc. was the idea of the Christian Right vs. the Right kind of Christian. There was a radio show intersperced within the film of a Christian man slamming the mindless republican droids that Christianity has made. This man was a christian and NOT defending Bush. I know there are those of you out there... but, I know you. I have never heard any sort of media on the President's lack of Christ-like actions, decisions, and goals. That was awesome! And it goes without saying that this is only one sect of christianity, and we all know that not all christians are as crazy-fundanmental as this...

coming soon:
Half Nelson, Keeping Mum, Zodiac, Black Snake Moan....

1 comment:

Tammy said...

For the life of me I could not get into Half Nelson. I just wasn't feeling it. I think I am going to get Fast Food Nation tonight. Isabella loves The Iron Giant - loves it!!!!! She tells everyone about it whether they want to listen or not.


Oh and I hope you don't think less of me because I am still a "God-fearing Christian".....

And congrats on the weight loss - that's something to be very proud of.