November 17, 2006

Working in an Office, I really want a Wii, and Job Interview

So working in an office is really strange. Everyone is so polite all the time. Everyone says please and thank you. What about when there are like 8 people in the elevator and everyone ignores everyone else? Also, and this is driving me nuts, all the men in the elevator will wait for me to get off. They all stand there until the women leave the elevator. I think this is supposed to be Chivalrous but it is fucking ridiculous to wait there for me to get off, especially when I always ride in the back of the elevator.

I really want a Wii. Really a lot.

I had an interview yesterday that was supposed to take about 1 and 1/2 hours and it took 2 and 1/2 hours. I had asked the place I am temping if I could be about 15-30 mintues late coming back from lunch because of it and, they said yes, of course but, I was gone an hour longer than I thought I would be. Oops. I just felt like shit because I couldn't call and tell them because I was in the interview part of an interview (there were some tests and an application first) and I just felt like a douche walking in to work after, what amounts to, a 2 and a half hour lunch break. Didn't get to eat anything, though....

I am really sleepy today. I think I hopefully (come on Netflix) will have The Machinist to watch when I get home and I may see Let's Go To Prision or Stranger Than Ficition tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't waste your time on Let's Go To Prison. It's not a bad movie, but if you're going to pay for it, see Stranger Than Fiction, far more cost-effective use of the cash-money.


`Josh